Details and Guidelines for Manuscript Submission
Pay attention to the guidelines below when you are about to write. Manuscripts that do not meet these guidelines will be returned to the author for correction, which can cause significant delays in the publication of your work.
Number of Words Required
Please ensure that your script follows the word count requirements
- 3,000 words (Journal Articles)
All texts must:
- Delivered in Microsoft Word file.
- Typed in Indonesian or English (For Indonesian author must use the Indonesian Language when submitting)
- Written with an objective third-person perspective (using the terms "writer" or "researcher" NOT "me" or "us")
- The originality of the manuscript. The only ORIGINAL manuscript will be accepted for publication. The manuscript has never been previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Revised Manuscript. Al-ashri: Ilmu-ilmu Keislaman, will not publish manuscripts that are revised versions of texts that you publish elsewhere. To be considered authentic, a manuscript must be at least 80% containing new material with no more than 200 consecutive words (properly quoted) repeated word for word from each previously published work.
- Copyright. In the process of publication of Jurnal Pendidikan Agama Islam, note that the PDF copyright agreement is no longer accepted. As part of the submission process, the author will be asked to digitally sign the Author Guarantee and Transfer of Copyright Agreement.
- Plagiarism. Al-ashri: Ilmu-ilmu Keislaman is very concerned about the problem of plagiarism. All manuscripts will be checked for every part indicated to be plagiarized before being accepted for publication. Please ensure that all information taken from outside sources is quoted correctly and that all thoughts are arranged in your own words. All instances of plagiarism will soon be returned to the author for correction and can result in the removal of the manuscript from publication.
- The title. The title must be concise, specific, and effective, not exceeding 15 words.
- Note that all titles must be included in the case title. To place a title in the case title, the first letter of each word must be capitalized unless the word is a preposition (position of words such as "more," "with," or "between"), conjunctions (connecting words like "and" or "but"), or articles ("a," "an," or "the"). The only exception to this rule is that the first word of the title or subtitle is always capitalized, even if it is an article, preposition, or conjunction.
- Titles should not be written in all capital letters (for example, "CHAPTER TITLE" is incorrect; "Title of Chapter" is correct;)
- Headings. Please format all titles as in the script formatting template below. The name of the headings in the contents of your text can be adjusted according to the contents of your manuscript. Note that headings and subheadings should NOT be numbered (for example, 1. Introduction, 2. Background, etc.).
- Images. A manuscript can contain no more than 20 images. Any picture or table that does not meet these minimum specifications will be returned to the author for correction. All images must be submitted as separate files in the .tif format. Please also note that it is the author's responsibility to obtain permission to use any images that are currently under copyright by third parties. Please see the picture guide for more information.
- APA (American Psychological Association) Style. Please ensure that all information in your manuscript is taken from other sources, supported by citation references in the text. A minimum of 20 sources is required for each shipment. Please also note that your reference must follow the "APA" style. (The publisher will return your post (manuscript) to be corrected if you do not format your references correctly. For more information and examples of APA Style, please see Al-ashri: Ilmu-ilmu Keislaman's Template here.
- Self-citation. Researchers may need to cite their previously published works to communicate an idea effectively in their present manuscript. While Al-ashri: Ilmu-ilmu Keislaman encourages the use of self-citations in these cases, self-cited works mustn't account for, at most, 50% of the total references in the manuscript.
- LaTex. LaTex files are NOT accepted because they are not compatible with Al-ashri: Ilmu-ilmu Keislaman. As an alternative, we require that you use MathType (see "Equations" below).
- Equation. If you can type symbols or equations directly into Microsoft Word, please do so. Otherwise, we need to use MathType to format all equations. The author can download the free trial version of MathType here:
- Copy editing and proofreading. It is very important that full copy editing and proofreading of your manuscript must be carried out before sending to ensure the correct use of English, proper grammatical structure, and correct spelling and punctuation. Manuscripts submitted to publishers are considered in the final form and ready to be published as they are.
Note: Manuscript Organization and Formatting Templates are designed to standardize the delivery of the manuscript and do not reflect how your work will appear in print. The format and design of the final publication are at the discretion of the publisher.
** Please note that all manuscripts MUST be sent via the online delivery system / OJS. Manuscripts sent outside the system will not be considered for publication.